These rates are comparatively low and in fact we're still charging the same rates set by the now defunct Taxi Services Commission back in June 2014 and haven't increased them despite country and regional taxi operators being allowed to set their own fares since this time.
As with the standard Taxi Services Commission fares from 2014 the charging method we use varies according to the taxi's average speed over the whole trip:
- Distance Charges apply when the speed is more than 21 km/h, most commonly the case for trips around Beechworth, otherwise
- Time Charges apply instead but this is rarely the case for trips around Beechworth.
The charging rate used also varies according to the number of passengers occupying the taxi:
- the Standard Rate applies when there are 4 or fewer passengers, and
- the High Occupancy Rate applies when there are between 5 and 11 passengers or the hirer specifically requests a larger than standard taxi regardless of the number of passengers.
- These rates are the maximum and usual rates that we charge. If you have limited means discuss this with us beforehand and we may be able to offer you a discount.
- We can request for fares to be prepaid for trips starting between 10 pm and 6 am.
- Note that all fares and rates quoted here are inclusive of GST.
Typical basic fares to or from Beechworth
The table below estimates typical basic fares to or from Beechworth and include the Flagfall and Distance charge which is normally charged around Beechworth. Unless noted the trip assumes you're starting and finishing at the centre of both towns.
To this basic fare add any applicable extra charges as listed above for the CPV Recovery Levy, Late Night Fee, Holiday Fee, Airport Booking Fee, Booking Fee, Toll Road Charges and Electronic Payment Surcharge to obtain your total fare.
Note that the fares below are just estimates of the basic fare and the total fare payable will be the amount shown on the taxi meter at the end of your trip regardless of the estimate shown here.
Roughly estimate your fare
Unfortunately none of the online fare estimators provide accurate estimates of our fares as the fare rates across country and regional Victoria are no longer fixed.
If you're trip isn't listed in the typical basic fares table above but you have a back of an envelope handy you can get a rough estimate of your basic fare pretty easily yourself by:
- Estimating the distance of your journey in kilometres – you can use Google Maps or similar but make sure you choose the driving option though!
- Multiplying the distance in kilometres by the
- Standard Rate of $1.90 for 4 or fewer passengers (or $2 for a really rough and over estimate), otherwise
- High Occupancy Rate of $2.80 (or $3 for for a really rough and over estimate)
- Adding $4 for the Flagfall.
Then you can get a rough estimate of your total fare by:
- Adding $1 for the CPV Recovery Levy.
- Adding $3 if between midnight and 6 am.
- Adding $5 if a holiday (Christmas Day, Boxing Day, New Year's Day and from 6 pm New Year's Eve).
- Adding $3 if an airport booking.
- Adding $2 if booking ahead.
- Adding any applicable toll road charges (only for CityLink or EastLink toll roads in greater Melbourne).
- Adding 5% if paying electronically.
Note that this is just a rough estimate of your fare and the total fare payable will be the amount shown on the taxi meter at the end of your trip regardless of your estimate.